Friday, November 11, 2011

Update

It's been a long time since my last entry -- the simple reason being that the semester descended upon me and kept me busy with classes unrelated to my research and all those other things professors do -- evaluate grant proposals, serve on search committees, advise students, etc. The good news is that my next semester is a research semester, meaning that I won't be teaching but devoting a lot of time to my research and even spending three months in Germany. So I can promise to keep this blog active and running in the early part of 2013 -- it will be my research diary for those months I hope to spend on and with Krautrock.

Some of the groups that I want to spend more time with:

Popol Vuh -- and their connection to the movies of Werner Herzog

Faust -- avantgarde DIY from Hamburg

Amon Düül I and II -- and the connections between commune politics and Krautrock

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment